- Members who regularly utilize Canton’s off-leash dog park are invited to attend an informational meeting on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in Meeting Room E of the Canton Administration Building, located at 1150 S. Canton Center Road. A number of topics related to the dog park will be discussed, including: maintenance schedules, future construction projects, and proposed rule changes for 2020. For additional information, please contact the Canton Parks office at 734/394-5310.
- Starting November 8, 2019: Dog Park water will be shut off and winterized for the season. After this date, please remember to bring water and a bowl for your dog when visiting the dog park. As always, no glass bowls or glass containers of any kind are permitted in the dog park. For additional information, contact the Canton Parks office at 734/394-5310.
- A portion of the Large Dog area will temporarily remain closed to ensure proper growing conditions for the newly installed sod. Parks staff will continue to monitor the progress of the sod growth and will re-open this area once proper root system development has occurred. Again, we thank you for your patience as we’ve undertaken this important maintenance project in accordance with members’ requests to help improve the Canton Dog Park and ensure a positive dog park experience for everyone.
About the Park
The Canton Dog Park located on Denton Road, just north of Cherry Hill, is currently available to Dog Park members year-round 6 am-10 pm weather permitting.
The Park has six-acres of fenced-in, outdoor space for dogs to run and play off-leash, with specific rules to help insure a safe and positive experience for everyone. The park is divided into a large dog section for animals over 20 pounds, and small dog section for animals under 20 pounds. Owners are reminded to be vigilant when at the dog park, actively watching their dogs at all times.
Dog Park Reminders
The mission of the Canton Dog Park is to provide a safe, fenced-in environment where dog owners can let their dogs run and play off-leash. Dog Park members are required to abide by the rules posted at the entrance gate in order to maintain the safety and well-being of all dog park users. Please note the following reminders:
- Dog owners must clean up after their dog(s) and dispose of waste properly.
- Dog owners must be in control of their dog(s) at all time and are asked to monitor and correct their dog's aggressive behavior. If your dog is displaying aggressive behavior, please remove them from the area immediately.
- Dog Park members must use their own key fob to enter the park. Members should not swipe in other individuals nor open the gate to provide access to other members. Please remember that only registered Dog Park members are allowed inside the park.
Thank you to everyone for being the "eyes and ears" of the Dog Park and for reporting any issues or concerns to the Canton Park Office at 394-5310.
Dog Licenses and Rules
A Dog Park membership is required to use the Dog Park. Memberships can be purchased through the Township Clerk's Office. New Applicants to the Canton Dog Park must submit License Form and Dog Park Waiver to qualify for registration. All memberships must be renewed annually.
Canton Dog Park Events
2020 Bark in the Park
Canton Dog Park, Denton Road
Ages: All Ages
Dog owners and their pets are encouraged to attend “Bark In The Park" Participants along with their four-legged friends can enjoy live entertainment, purchase merchandise, and receive free give-a-ways from local pet supply and service vendors. Both members of the Dog Park and non-members are encouraged to let their dogs experience this off-leash dog park during the event. This special event is designed to give pet owners the opportunity to learn about the Canton Dog Park, meet other pet owners, and give dogs the opportunity to become more socialized. *Note non-dog park members must show proof of up-to date vaccination for rabies and DHLPP, signed by an accredited veterinarian. No Pre-Registration required.
Memberships, Dog Licenses, and Rules
Memberships can be purchased through the Township Clerk's Office. New Applicants to the Canton Dog Park must submit License Form and Dog Park Waiver to qualify for registration.
- Dog license form / dog park application available in the Clerk's Office. Please note, in order to license a dog, a valid and current certificate of vaccination for rabies and DHLPP (Distemper) must be provided, signed by an accredited veterinarian.
- Dog park rules and regulation (PDF) Opens in New Window
Dog Park & Dog License Renewals
All dog licenses and permits expired on December 31st of the year issued. In order to license a dog or a dog park membership, a valid and current certificate of vaccination for rabies and DHLPP (Distemper) must be provided, signed by an accredited veterinarian.
Application can be made in person during business hours or by downloading the forms and mailing documentation and fees to Canton Clerk Office, 1150 South Canton Center Road, Canton MI. 48188. Attention: Dog License.
Dog Park Membership Fees
- Please refer to the Clerk's Office for current Dog Park and Dog License Fees.
- Requires a current dog license for each animal.
- Vaccinations required: current Rabies, DHLPP.
- Bordetella vaccination not required but encouraged.
Canton Dog Park Electronic Gate Access Update
The electronic gate entry system at the Canton Dog Park is currently in operation. Just a reminder that all members will need to use their key fobs to enter and exit the park. Look for the big red arrows that designate where to swipe your key fob.
Key Fobs are currently available at the Clerk's Office with Dog Park memberships and renewals. A refundable key fob security deposit will be collected at time of registration and returned when membership is discontinued and the key fob is returned. Only one key fob per household will be issued.
For more information, please contact the parks office at 734/394-5310.
Become a Sponsor
Donations can be submitted to:
Canton Parks Division
1150 Canton Center Road S.
Canton, MI 48188
Call the Canton Parks Division at 734/394-5310.