Become Part of Our Absentee Voter List
A State of Michigan Court of Appeals ruling will not allow jurisdictions to automatically mail registered voters an application for an absentee ballot. However, MCL 168.759(5) provides that the clerk "shall furnish an absent ballot application to anyone upon verbal or written request." In order to once again be part of this list, we ask that you download Registered Voter Response Card (PDF) and mail to the Canton Clerk's Office. Mailing information is provided on the response card.
As always, if registered voters have questions, they may contact the Clerk's Office at 734/394-5120.
Absent Voter Ballot Application
An Absentee Voter Ballot Application can be requested by
- Submit request electronically: Absentee Voter Ballot Request Form (HTML)
- Faxing your request to 734/394-5128
- Download Absentee Voter Ballot Application (PDF)
- Mailing a request letter or post card to the Clerk's Office
- Picking up an application from the Canton Clerk's Office
- By calling the election line at 734/394-5120
Canton Clerk's Office
Attention: Absentee Ballot Application
1150 S. Canton Center Road
Canton, MI 48188-1699
You may also place the completed applications in the drop box located on the southwest corner of the Canton Administration Building. No one may pick up your absentee ballot other than you unless it is delivered to you by the U.S. Postal Service. This includes spouses, members of your family, and friends.