The Canton Clerk's Office is now accepting applications for the position of precinct inspector. The position of precinct inspector is limited to working on designated election days in the Charter Township of Canton. Inspectors must be a qualified, registered voter within Wayne County and a United States Citizen.
Precinct inspector must be able to:
- Work closely with others
- Assemble simple voting stations
- Read and write legibly in the English language
- Perform simple math calculations
- Follow instructions provided by the precinct chairperson
- Possess inter-personal skills to work with a diverse community population
- Attend an educational training program (mandatory prior to working an election)
Election Inspector Application
If you are interested in becoming a precinct inspector, download the Election Inspector Application (PDF) and return it to the Clerk's Office, or one may be picked up in the Clerk's Office during regular business hours. For additional information, please call 734/394-5120.
Precinct Inspector manuals are available to download. The Inspector Manual (PDF) is available along with the EPB Pollbook (PDF) and VAT(ICX) (PDF) Manuals. Precinct Inspectors will be assigned a station on election day; please view the roles and responsibilities of each station.
The Charter Township of Canton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.