This interactive program is a web-based crime map providing daily updates of serious crimes in Canton, with options to search and receive information. Helpful hint: To view Canton crimes only, go to the agency tab and select show only crime reported by.
Common questions you may have regarding crime mapping are addressed below.
What type of crimes will be shown on crime maps?
- Breaking and Entering: Breaking and entering of commercial properties, unoccupied residences, homes under construction, and other structures.
- Home Invasions: Breaking and entering of occupied residential properties. Residents do not have to be home at the time the crime is committed; occupied refers to the structure being not vacant.
- Larceny: The unlawful taking of another's property. Larceny from auto (items inside your car), larceny from building (sheds, detached garage, storage lockers), larceny from person (pick pocket, purse snatching).
- Malicious Destruction of Property (MDOP): Real or personal property (automobiles, homes, lawns, mailboxes, etc.)
- Rape: Self explanatory. You will only see this if the perpetrator is unknown to the victim and we have reason to believe this perpetrator is a threat to the general public.
- Robbery: Unlawful taking of another's property with force and/or use of a weapon.
- Stolen Vehicles: Actual theft of an automobile.
What will not be shown on crime maps?
- Addresses of said crimes / unless deemed necessary.
- Crimes where there are known perpetrators and no immediate threat to the general public.
- Names and/or other sources used to identify victims.
- Specific suspect information / unless deemed necessary.
For additional information view the CrimeMapping.com tutorial: