Club 55+ Activities and Events
New Virtual and In-Person Programs
To better address our community’s programming needs in this ever-changing environment, Canton Leisure Services will be launching all new programming opportunities here. All of these programs have been developed to allow for safe physical distancing, many opportunities for online engagement, in-person face mask policies, smaller class sizes, and other important safety protocols which include staff and instructor temperature checks, equipment sanitizing procedures, and more.
Look for exciting new recreational programs and events to be rolled out on an ongoing basis throughout the fall. As we move forward, watch for new programs to be announced as they become available, with registration beginning once posted.
These virtual programs can be done from the comfort of your home. Online pre-registration is required for all programs.
- Join us from the comfort of your own home via Zoom. Individuals can participate via phone or video.
- Pre-registration is required and information will be sent to your email the day prior to the event.
- Dates: Please visit our catalog for upcoming dates.
- Location: Virtual (a link will be emailed to you)
Fresh Flavorful RECIPES
- Not sure what to make anymore at home? Check our our Fresh Flavorful recipes posted every Friday on our Club 55+ Facebook page.
- Make sure to "like" the Canton Club 55+ Facebook page to receive notifications of all our posts.
- Travel around the world and explore some of the World's Wonders from the comfort of your own home.
- Each Thursday a new virtual tour will be announced on the Club 55+ Facebook page. You can visit the destination that day or save it for another time.
- Make sure to like the Canton Club 55+ Facebook page to receive notifications of all our posts.
- Session 4: January 17 - February 27 (registration open)
- Deadline for registration is January 11.
- Location: Your Home (email results to Club 55+ staff)
- Instructions listed in the registration link
Toolbox for stress: Virtual Educational Workshop
- This lecture will equip you with some exciting tools you can turn to as you deal with life’s natural stressors. Kathy will explain how stress affects the body and the brain and will lead you through four different techniques that you can choose from and practice wherever you are. There are some novel additional tools she will discuss you can pull out on a daily basis. This is an online presentation via Zoom. If you have a smart phone, tablet/computer or landline, you can join Zoom. A link to the workshop and instructions will be sent to you the day prior to the workshop.
- To save your spot, please register by Feb.19
- Fee: Free, but registration is required
- Activity Code: CB2430
Friends and Film:
- This group will meet virtually every 2 weeks to discuss a predetermined show or film.
- It’s like a book club, but no reading involved. Just watch the selected show/film before the meeting date and be ready to discuss.
- Meetings will take via Zoom and you can video chat or phone in using a landline. The group will decide on what show/film to watch.
- If you are interested in participating, please register online or over the phone by March 1.
- Activity Code: CB2916
Phone Pals Program
- Would you like to make a difference in someone’s day? We are looking for individuals who wouldn’t mind talking on the phone or evening texting another participant a minimum of once a week. Social isolation is one of the growing concerns among individuals during the winter, especially during the current circumstances. Let’s curve that trend and offer some interaction from afar.
- If you are interested please register online or over the phone by March 1.
- Activity Code: CB2917
Please Note: Canton Club 55+ Program Guidelines
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the Summit
- Club 55+ center is closed for in-person activities until further notice. The desk is open Monday - Friday, 9am - 3pm.
Striders Walking Club
- Beginning Monday, November 2.
- Strider members must check in at the Summit front desk. Not a Strider member? Stop by the Summit front desk and sign up today! For additional information, contact Canton Club 55+ at 734/394-5485.
- Fee: $0M / $1R / $3NR (per day - track use only)
- 2021 Cards now on sale!
- $0M/$6R/$9NR Annual Membership card + $0M / $1R / $3NR (per day - track use only)
Parking Lot Car BINGO
- 3rd Wednesday of the Month, (click for dates)
- Individuals can enjoy this classic game from the safety of their own cars. All you have to do is stay in your warm car and tune your radio to our bingo station.
- Fee includes 10 games of BINGO (1 booklet each). Participants are encouraged to bring their own markers (BINGO dabbers, etc). Space is limited.
- Please register a week prior to the event or by phone at 734/394-5485.
- Fee: $5 per person
Upcoming programs coming soon.